In the broadest sense of the word, “Spam” refers to undesired and unsolicited electronic communication sent in mass. Spam is often associated with email and is typically used for commercial purposes but there are exceptions. GiftCab.com strictly forbids the use of our website and any of related resources, accounts or services for use in any manner or method that might be associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited electronic communications regardless of form. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, spam in the following forms of communication:
- SMS or text messages
- phone calls
You may not use our website or any associated service or resource to send Spam of any kind at any time. You may not deliver any form of Spam or assist with transmitting or distributing or cause any form of Spam to be delivered to any visitors, users or customers of GiftCab.com
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7701, et seq., Public Law No. 108-187, was S.877 of the 108th United States Congress), e-mail sent, or caused to be sent,to through our website, server or related services may not:
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- use or contain fraudulent, forged, or invalid information within the headers;
- employ any techniques that would obscure, hide or otherwise misrepresent any information or data that serves to identifying the communication’s point of origin or path of transmission;
- use other means of misleading or deceptive address formatting;
- use any third party’s internet domain name, (either directly or indirectly)
- be relayed to, via or through any third party’s service, equipment or resources without prior consent of the third party
- contain fraudulent, fake, false or misleading information in the subject line
- otherwise contain misleading, fraudulent or fake content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards or practices described here or within our site;
- otherwise violate our Terms and Conditions of Use or Policies.
We do not allow or condone unauthorized email mining. This includes but is not is not limited to acts such as harvesting or collecting of e-mail addresses or other data from or through this website and/or associated servers or hosting resources. Unauthorized use of our website and related resources for purposes of collecting, compiling, harvesting or obtaining any information about our visitors or users is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, e-mail addresses of our users and subscribers.
Any effort or attempt to use our website or associated services and resources in any manner that could potentially impair, disable, overburden, damage, or hamper any aspect of any of our website resources is strictly prohibited. This includes acts that could potentially interfere with any other users use or enjoyment of our website.
If, at our sole discretion, we identify and determine unauthorized or improper use of our website or related resources we may may take any action we deem fit or appropriate. These actions can include, but are not limited to, actions such as:
- Disabling, removing or deleting suspected offending user accounts
- Blocking communication to or from a particular internet domain, IP address, device or server address.
If we believe any account or resource within our control is engaging in any of the following activities we may immediately terminate or disable that account or resource:
- transmitting spam
- causing, assisting with or allowing spam to be transmitted
- being associated with spam or any communication that violates our policies
Any of the above actions can be taken without prior consent, approval or notice.
Nothing within this policy is intended to grant any right or permission to transmit or send e-mail or other forms of electronic communication via or through our GiftCab.com website and/or any related resources. Please note our failure to fully enforce this policy to the fullest extent in each and every instance shall not be considering a waiver of our rights at any point.
Unauthorized use of our website and any related resources related to or in connection with the transmission of unsolicited electronic communication (including but not limited to any transmission of e-mail) found to be in violation of this policy, may result in penalties and fines. Civil, administrative and criminal penalties can be levied against the sender and any entity found to be assisting the sender.
Violators of the CAN SPAM Act may be subject to penalties from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and other punishments. In the case of serious offenders, Criminal prosecution is a possibility as well. This could potentially result in penalties including, but not limited to: forfeiture of proceeds, seizure and forfeiture of equipment used in the transmission of Spam, fines and more. Cases involving serious offenders, could also lead to prison time.